Sunday 19 May 2013

Holy quiltastic, Batman!

So here comes a post about a quilt that is not for sale! No shameless self promotion for me today! I was working really hard to get a comic book themed quilt done for a fab little man of mine but alas did not finish it in time for his birthday. So I took him the quilt top so he could see it and worked extra hard to finish it by the time he came to visit me for my daughters birthday. Luckily they are only born 10 days apart (well, a year and 10 days) so he didn't have to wait too long for the completed quilt.

At first I miscalculated some of the pattern and wasn't too sure about how it was turning out but in the end I am really happy with how it turned out. His room is done in a vintage comic book style and this will be for his big boy bed! His sister already has her big girl quilt, which was an awesome project I had the privilege of doing. I am really so lucky to have such wonderful friends. Wen they get tucked in at night it's like a little extra hug from me! I am going for aunty of the year....if the quilts don't work I will try candy!





No comments:

Post a Comment