Tuesday 30 August 2011

2,688

The next project is one that I have been thinking about making from the minute I laid eyes on the pattern.  The only problem is this quilt happens to have 2,688 pieces! I knew that this would be a time consuming project so it was perfect for my summer of quilting.

This pattern is from the "fine arts" series designed by Emily of carolina patchworks and comes with a number of famous paintings.  I selected "Starry Night" by Van Gogh because it is my favourite!

So here is a picture of all the little  pieces (they alone took over 3 hours to cut!)

And so it begins....

 And several days later I finished!!! As I was ironing it I found a mistake (I'm sure there are more than one...) but for the number of pieces this quilt took I thought 1 wasn't bad :P

I have not quilted this quilt yet...I am debating getting it professionally quilted. I think I want to hang it in my master bedroom and I might want it to look more fancy than what I can do.

So I'm going to hold off on it for right now and see if I can practice some more free motion quilting designs on some smaller quilts first.

So here is the final project for now!

Quilt #6 - My favourite so far!








No comments:

Post a Comment