Wednesday 17 August 2011

Ohhh ohh I'm half way there!

I will post quilt #4 and #5 of the summer together because they were both made by request for a family member.  My sister-in-law requested a Dr. Seuss quilt of her very own as a gift for a friend who is expecting a baby as well as a new quilt for her master bedroom.

So here is the Dr. Seuss quilt!

Dr.Seuss Cat in the Hat - Quilt #4

And the quilt for the master bedroom was made with fabric called "calypso swing".  I started with these fabrics because she liked the colours and choose some nice coordinating fabrics so that the quilt wouldn't turn out to be too "girly". After all, my twin brother also has to live with this quilt!

Once the fabric came in I spent hours trying to find a patterned that would be just perfect .... but with no such luck.  Finally, I decided to try to make my own pattern.  It is very simple but if I do say so myself I think it turned out awesome!

Pretty in Pink - Quilt #5
Do you see prime hiding in the corner? He seems to always find a way into the picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment