Sunday 12 June 2011

Bright and Beautiful

More recently a friend of mine was having her second baby.  At the time of making the quilt we didn't know if she was having a girl or a boy.  So I needed to come up with a quilt that would work for either gender.  I had seen this fabric on the coming soon part of the Fat Quarter Shop and I knew right away that I just had to have it! So may I present....

A cat free picture of Cat in the Hat
 Dr. Seuss and "The Cat in the Hat".  This is also a pattern that I made up all by myself :) I have since made two more quilts using this series.  One I made to take into school and show my kids but it wasn't there for more then a day before I sold it to a friend! And the other is currently on my quilter.  It is a much larger version of this quilt and I think I am keeping!  I have enough fabric to make two more of these quilts.  I have one more top already done and I'm still thinking about what to do with all the scraps....

The next line of Dr. Seuss fabric that has been released is "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"...I have a feeling a few people might be getting these as Christmas presents next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment