Sunday 12 June 2011

Not just quilts.....

Recently, I have expanded my production talents to include a select few other projects.  Last summer I went to "Kempenfest" in Barrie with some friends of mine.  While we were there I saw a really cool stand that had all kinds of items made out of "kool-aid" containers.  Attracted to the bright colours I went over to investigate.  I quickly saw that these bags (and other products) could be sewn together quite easily. 

So, when I returned to school in September I realized that I had access to quite a large quantity of "kool-aid jammers" everyday!  Our school is working on being and "eco" school and as part of our project I have a little blue bin set outside of my classroom where kids can come and drop off their empty juice containers and I will turn them into something cool! Reduce, reuse, recycle!

Step 1: Rinse and Dry


Step 2: Make a bag!
So far I have made bags of all different sizes and styles and I have even made a few lunch bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment