Friday 10 June 2011

The Very Series

I made one last quilt from Eric Carle prints and the line of fabric was called the Very Series.  It included fabric with prints of some of Eric Carle's books that had "very" in the title.  So, there is the "very hungry caterpillar", the "very busy spider" and "the very quite cricket".  Because I was making this quilt after I had made the other quilts my version of the quilt also had some brown bear, brown bear in it.

This quilt is unique for two reasons. The first: this is the only quilt I have made (to date) using this fabric.  The second: this is one of the only quilts I have made that I have not followed a pattern.  I don't have a very good eye for patterns so I usually make quilts based on patterns I have found on the internet or in a magazine.  But this one I made up all on my own! Simple but mine.

with of course Prime making a guest appearance...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment