Tuesday 7 June 2011

Story Books

As a true elementary school teacher I love children's books.  I collect them, read them, and quilt them!  When I found out that a good friend of my mine was going to have a baby I started to research what type of children's fabric was available. I searched high and low and I couldn't quite find the perfect thing.  Until one day the perfect quilt came creeping into my browser....

The Very Hungry Caterpillar




The "Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle is a must have book for every teacher and I knew that this quilt would make the perfect gift for my friend.  The pattern is made by Carolina Patchworks and since discovering this blog I have made many more quilts from this talented artist.

I gave this quilt to my friend just in time, as her baby came a number of weeks ahead of schedule and the quilt started a frenzy! I have since made over a dozen VHC quilts and one hangs proudly in my school's library.

No comments:

Post a Comment