Sunday 19 June 2011

Nostalgia

One of the greatest things I remember from my childhood was the invention of the "gray box" Nintendo! Although, my parents were never cool enough to get me one my neighbor two doors down had one.  I can remember going over there just to play some good old fashion "Super Mario Bros."  The graphics were horrible, the music got stuck in your head,  and no matter how hard you tried to keep your arms still every time little mario tried to jump over something you had to try to help him out by waving your arms in the air.

I found a series of great video game quilts from Carolina Patchworks and have made a few of them. A few months ago my sister got married and in true family tradition she requested a quilt.  But not just any quilt a little "Mario" quilt.

can you hear the music?
And where would Mario be with his duck hunt companion ..... stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, this was such a fabulous present! I have it with me in Montreal and cuddle up on the couch with it all the time. I'm still amazed that you managed to finish such a complicated quilt so quickly!

    ReplyDelete